Watch and learn all about Unite Health's APPI Pilates standing bow arrow and arm openings.
The aim of this APPI Pilates exercise is to mobilise the rib, cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine, whilst challenging the pelvis to remain still. This can be used to assess your clients' range of motion whilst providing a wonderful mobilising exercise. Bringing awareness to the whole torso, head to pelvis.
- Inhale to prepare
- Exhale draw your hand to your chest bone (sternum).
- Use your hand on your chest bone to draw the rib cage further around.
- Let your head follow looking over your shoulder
- Inhale and exhale increase the movement if possible
- Inhale and exhale return your arm to the start position
- Repeat on the other side.
- Repeat a number of reps with the head remaining forward, eyes on the horizon.
- Repeat a number of reps opening the arm out after the rib has rotated around to create the arm opening.
This can be used to assess your client's range of motion whilst providing a wonderful mobilising exercise. Bringing awareness to the whole torso, head to pelvis.
To find out more about APPI Pilates courses in Australia head to our Clinical Pilates course page. Here you will find a range of Pilates courses, both face to face and online, perfect for allied health professionals.