APPI Matwork Level 1 provides rehabilitation professionals with the essential, fundamental knowledge to begin offering modified Pilates to their clients recovering from back pain and other injuries. Drawing upon relevant clinical research, APPI Pilates Matwork Level 1 provides an evidence-based approach to teaching Pilates in the clinical setting. Learn a variety of beginner level movements addressing lumbopelvic stability, postural education, correct movement patterning, and body awareness. This highly practical two-day Pilates course will arm you with the necessary skills to immediately incorporate your new knowledge into working practice!
Designed by Australian physiotherapists for physiotherapists and equivalent degree therapists, the APPI Pilates Method presents the most recent research relevant to Pilates and teaches a realistic framework of Pilates exercises to apply in the clinical setting. The five key Pilates elements of the APPI Pilates approach are taught to develop solid foundations for Pilates teaching.
Twenty-two movements for training lumbo-pelvic, scapulo-thoracic and cervical stabilisation are learnt through observation, self-participation and practice teaching on APPI Pilates Matwork Level 1.
Discussion of clinical application of the Pilates movements occurs at the time of their teaching to provide participants with the understanding to be able to teach these exercises to patients and clients after the course. Case studies are reviewed and participants have the chance to design and discuss their own treatment plans. A guided workshop on Pilates imagery assists participants in generating the skills required for effective cueing.
This video demonstrates Double Table Top Prep, a fundamental pilates exercise taught on APPI's Matwork Level 1. This is an imperative part of any Pilates programme to be introduced before teaching clients intermediate and advanced exercises in the commonly utilised Pilates position of double table top. A progression and regression are demonstrated.
This video demonstrates Shoulder Bridge, another useful Pilates exercise taught on APPI's Matwork Level 1 Pilates teacher training course. This exercise is great for mobilising the lumbar and thoracic spine, as well as activating gluteal and adductor muscle groups. The video shows some of the variations that you will learn on APPI Pilates Matwork Level 1.
- I loved the in depth explanation of exercises, and variations for different presentations in the clinical population
- The mixture of practical and theoretical components. Susan was excellent in explaining the exercises & rationale and making them clinically relevant
- The course was very organised, the presenter was well informed and the manual provided was very comprehensive and useful
- Chantal was fantastic and engaging. She answered all questions thoroughly and linked them specifically back to physiotherapy
- Exercises and content covered was always brought back to clinical practice which made it easy to remember and made it feel important
- The instructors (Lynne and Jen) were fantastic! So knowledgeable and approachable and happy to answer any questions.
- Hands-on approach and clinical reasoning behind each exercise in the modified Pilates repertoire
- The instructor Susan was amazing. She took the time to answer all questions even staying through the lunch break. she is very down to earth and knowledgeable.
APPI Clinical Pilates teacher training is designed for physiotherapists, osteopaths, exercise physiologists, doctors, sports scientists, chiropractors, rehabilitation therapists, occupational therapists, degree qualified myotherapists and students undertaking an allied health degree.
If you have NO healthcare background then our APPI Pilates Instructor Certification is ideal for you. The course will equip you with the skills, knowledge, and confidence to teach both matwork and reformer Pilates classes and one on one sessions for healthy population groups. Learn more >>
APPI’s Equipment Level 1 introduces participants to Clinical Pilates teaching on the large equipment with a focus on lumbopelvic stability.$790.00 inc. GST
Equipment 2 continues to explore beginner and intermediate movements on the large Pilates equipment with the predominate focus being the upper quadrant.$790.00 inc. GST
The final level of APPI’s large equipment series is level 4 – full body integration. As the name implies, you will now incorporate all the knowledge you have g...$790.00 inc. GST
The extreme versatility of the large Pilates equipment really comes into play during APPI’s equipment level 3 which explores articulation and stretch. During t...$790.00 inc. GST